Monday, December 27, 2010

The New Review - Yogi Bear Theater

Before you go any further, I warn you now...





That's right, that lovable picnic basket thief, "Yogi Bear"...

The New Review

"Yogi Bear"
Starring voice cast Dan Aykroyd and Justin Timberlake
Human cast Tom Cavanagh and Anna Faris


Background Check: Yogi Bear is famous, debuting in 1958, getting his own show in 1961, and his first feature film "Hey There, It's Yogi Bear" in 1964, Yogi Bear is by far the most famous of all of the Hanna-Barbera characters, you had to know that a movie was gonna be made...

Concept: It's a movie about Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo right? If you've seen Yogi before, you know what the concept is...

Execution: This movie has three strong points. First being Dan Aykroyd as Yogi Bear, Dan is one of the funniest actors of all time, and an awesome SNL alum, so you knew he could do it. Second being Justin Timberlake as Boo Boo. I'm not a huge fan of Justin's music, but he is a pretty damn good actor so far, and this was no different. The last strong point was the beautiful Anna Faris(Scary Movie series). Her delivery is unique, and good in any movie. Other than these 3 strong points, this movie absolutely sucked... it sucked out loud, it sucked silently... the story was an epic fail, focusing on Ranger Smith instead of Yogi, and it killed the movie... sadly enough

Extra Points: Nothing at all


Rate me please:
Cast: 7.5/10                    Best part was people who weren't even there
Characters: 8/10              Yogi and Boo Boo were great, but that's it
Story: 3/10                      Focus on Ranger Smith was a BAD move
Visual: 7/10                    Cartoonish to make Hanna Barbera proud
Sound: 7/10                    See visual
Humor: 7.5/10                 Only with Yogi and Boo Boo, sadly not enough
Action: 4/10                    STEAL MORE BASKETS
Flow: 5/10                      Doomed from the start
Closure: 6/10                  Glad it was over
Extra Oomph: 1/10           Nothing to say


Total Score: 56/100               So horrible, I can't "bear" it

In closing: I was hoping that they wouldn't screw Yogi Bear up, but not shocking enough to see it happen. This movie sucked, by far the worst of the year, and possibly the worst I've seen in a while... But then again, that's just my opinion...

It's all a matter of opinion: I cannot stress enough that THIS is my opinion, you can either agree with me or not... I don't have to justify my opinion, because *clear throat* that's what this blog is about. Whether I like it or not doesn't mean you have to or not...... it's just my justification for giving you all MY recommendation...... which leads me to my FINAL JUDGMENT

FINAL JUDGMENT: This movie sucks... DON'T GO SEE IT... DON'T BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OUT... another one of my childhood favorites gets ruined by Hollywood, and worse, it was by Warner Bros...... This movie sucked so much, I was so happy to leave the theater...... and so sad it happened...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is folks, a score of 56 for "Yogi Bear"... that's worse than horrible... don't even buy it for the kids...... don't ruin Yogi for them... please, I beg you...

When it's over, come back and thank me...
(or if you watch this one, don't forget I warned you)

Tune in next time for The New Review of "Tangled"

2 comments:

  1. Cast: 10\10 Everybody was great.
    Characters: 10\10 Everybody was funy.
    Story: 8\10 It works.
    Visual: 7\10 Okay.
    Sound: 9\10 Very good.
    Humor: 10\10 So funny.
    Action: 8\10 Exciting.
    Flow: 9\10 Excellent, fast moving pace (except for a long scene in which Yogi and the gang ride on a raft).
    Closure: 10\10 Wanted to see it again (which I did).
    Extra Oomph: 10\10 Based on a wonderful cartoon, cartoonish, Ranger Smith was a strong lead, and Mayor Brown was a wonderful bad guy.

    Overall score: 9.5\10

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that funny there... Ranger Smith might've been a good lead IF it was called RANGER SMITH... but the movie is YOGI BEAR...

    ReplyDelete