Monday, December 27, 2010

The New Review - Despicable Me Blu-Ray

As promised, here is the next one... a good animated film


That's right, "Despicable Me" from Dreamworks, the people responsible for Shrek...

The New Review

"Despicable Me"
Starring the voice talents of Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Miranda Cosgrove

Background Check: Nothing on the movie, but Dreamworks Animation is the cutting edge alternative if you need/want a break from Disney


Concept: Follows the exploits of an evil scientist that adopts 3 girls for an agency. Why does he? Watch the movie to find out

Execution: This is your typical Dreamworks movie, so if you've seen at least 2 of the 4 Shrek movies, then you know what to expect when it come to humor. Sadly, the character Gru(Steve Carell) is a little bland when not directly supported by someone else. Not knocking Carell at all, because he is one of the better comic actors to come out in a while, this movie's funny comes from the interactions, and not the stand alone for each character... except when it comes to Gru's legion of little yellow minions.

Extra points: Voice cast and the minions... all worth a shot...

Rate me please:

Cast: 9/10
Characters: 6/10                   Needed a little more character development
Story: 7/10                           Slightly predictable
Visual: 10/10

Sound: 8/10
Humor: 9/10
Action: 8/10
Flow: 9/10
Closure: 8/10                       Good end, but too short
Extra Oomph: 10/10              The minions were awesome
 

Total Score: 84/100                Good enough to own


In closing: Not as good as Shrek or Shrek the 3rd, but miles ahead of the other two in that series. It's a funny movie where it needed to be, a serious movie where it should go, but I wished it might've been a little longer of a movie... but then again, that's just my opinion... 

It's all a matter of opinion: I cannot stress enough that THIS is my opinion, you can either agree with me or not... I don't have to justify my opinion, because *clear throat* that's what this blog is about. Whether I like it or not doesn't mean you have to or not...... it's just my justification for giving you all MY recommendation...... which leads me to my FINAL JUDGMENT

FINAL JUDGMENT: Definitely good for the kids, funny enough for the adults to watch, but I slightly lost interest in it as the movie went along, mainly paying attention to the minions and Gru's adopted girls. I say, BUY IT FOR THE KIDS... and watch it with them
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is folks, an 84 for "Despicable Me". Not as good as I thought it was going to be, but definitely had it's strong points

When it's over, come back to thank me...

Tune in next time for The New Review of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"

No comments:

Post a Comment