Saturday, January 29, 2011

The New Review - Salt DVD

Took me a little while to write this one, but here it is...
The New Review

"SALT"
Starring: Angelina Jolie & Liev Schreiber



Background Check: There really isn't anything for this movie, because it isn't a sequel or based on any other medium(that I know of)... but I'll tell you my love/hate relationship with Angelina Jolie... I don't like her, she's just one of those actresses I can't stand... and it goes the same for her homo lifemate Brad Pitt...... but you can't deny that Brad Pitt is a good actor(see "Meet Joe Black" and "Seven")... it's the same for Angelina... she is a great actress(see "Gone in 60 Seconds" and "Original Sin")... but I still don't have to like them as people...

Concept: Jolie plays a woman named Evelyn Salt, an FBI agent who has been outed an a Russian spy by someone the FBI has taken into custody. This movie is about Evelyn trying to clear her name...........

Execution: As much as I don't like Angelina Jolie, she is a great actress, and even better if there is action involved. On the contrary, I'm a fan of Liev Schreiber. Liev is a badass is just about any movie he's in(see "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"). I will not go into what happens in this movie because if you haven't seen it, the story and execution of each plot point will officially blow your mind...

Rate Me Please:
Cast: 9/10                          Good Ensemble
Characters: 8.5/10               I wished there was more development
Story: 10/10                       A++++
Visual: 8/10                       Droll and drab, added to the story
Sound: 8/10                       Droll and drab ^^^^
Humor: 10/10                     None whatsoever... good job
Action: 9/10                       The action tells the story
Flow: 9/10                         Slightly confusing, but it flows with confusion
Closure: 9.5/10                  Maybe a sequel?
Extra Oomph: 10/10            The twists are awesome...

Total Score: 92/100         Good story + Twists = Great movie

In closure: again, I don't wanna ruin the movie if you haven't seen it, but when you do, I hope you see both the theatrical and extended... you'll see why...

It's all a matter of opinion: I cannot stress enough that THIS is my opinion, you can either agree with me or not... I don't have to justify my opinion, because *clear throat* that's what this blog is about. Whether I like it or not doesn't mean you have to or not...... it's just my justification for giving you all MY recommendation...... which leads me to my FINAL JUDGMENT 

FINAL JUDGMENT: Buy this movie... did you see the Bourne Trilogy? if you liked it, then "SALT" should be in your collection... BUY THIS MOVIE... just make sure you get a copy that includes the Extended version...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you are folks, a score of 92 for "SALT"... I liked the movie, and if you like a movie with mystery, this is the movie for you...

When it's over, come back to thank me...

Tune into "The New Review" next time for whatever movie I want to review

~The Master is Out

No comments:

Post a Comment