Monday, January 17, 2011

Movie Hopefuls for 2011

By the looks of things, 2011 is going to be a year to make you want to go to theaters, and I thought I would make a list of movies I would love to see this year... and maybe a high point or two extra...

the list is after the jump... 



Jan. 14 - The Green Hornet - yeah, I know it's out, but I still haven't watched it... but I wanna so bad 

Mar. 4 - Rango - Animated + Johnny Depp = awesome
Mar. 25 - Sucker Punch - Hot chicks kicking ass, blowing up while giving wood... sounds like a good combo to me

Apr. 8 - Arthur - I liked the original with Dudley Moore, it might be a good remake
Apr. 15 - Scream 4 - The first 3 were good, maybe this might be too 

May 6 - Thor - Marvel's take of the Norse God of Thunder gets his own movie, if Iron Man 1 & 2 are any indication of what Marvel Studios can do, it could be THE movie this Summer
May 20 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - The first 3 were gold
May 26 - The Hangover 2 - The first is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and Bradley Cooper has grown on me more since The A-Team
May 27 - Kung Fu Panda 2 - Jack Black is back... and I thought the first one was better than the 3 Shrek movies I've seen 

June 3 - X-Men: First Class - the ultimate X-Men prequel, plus Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw and James McAvoy as a younger Xavier... should be very cool
June 10 - Super 8 - An alien movie in the summer? last one I saw was District 9 and that was unexpected and awesome... previews make it sound like Cloverfield(which sucked)... somewhere in between would be good...
June 17 - Green Lantern - DC's jewelry wearing pilot turned superhero(and eventually villain) Hal Jordan played by Ryan Reynolds... any doubts? Marvel maybe have made Iron Man, but DC made The Dark Knight...
June 24 - Cars 2 - The first Cars is the best Disney Pixar movie, second to only the Toy Story trilogy... I was hoping for a sequel... 

July 1 - Transformers: Dark of the Moon - possibly the last of Michael Bay's Transformers movies, hopefully it's better than the second one
July 15 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - I haven't seen Part 1 yet, and I'll wait until they are both on DVD before I do
July 22 - Captain America: First Avenger - Cap gets his own movie just like Thor, of course leading into The Avengers in 2012, and you can't have The Avengers without Cap... but Chris Evans as Cap worries me
July 29 - Cowboys and Aliens - 1800s, Cowboys and Apaches are fighting in the old West, until a spaceship crash lands and the Aliens try and enslave the world... and the Cowboys and Apaches join forces to take them down... did I mention it's directed by Jon Favreau? the genius behind Elf and Iron Man 1&2? I have now... 

Aug 3 - The Smurfs - The little blue freaks I grew up watching are finally getting their own movie... nice cast and voice cast, now just hope they didn't screw it up like Rocky and Bullwinkle
Aug 19 - Fright Night - a remake of the 1985 classic with Roddy McDowall... as long as it's funny, then I won't mind 

Oct 7 - Real Steel - Hugh Jackman is a movie that's basically Rock'em Sock'em robots with people inside... sounds like fun... do the robot's heads pop up when they lose? that would be awesome
Oct 14 - The Thing - hot chic Mary Elizabeth Winstead(see my love for Scott Pilgrim vs The World) plays in this prequel of 1951's "The Thing From Another World" and its John Carpenter remake in 1982 "The Thing"... and those two are perfect examples of classics 

Nov 4 - Puss in Boots - Spin-off from Shrek that features the lovable kitty/Zorro wannabe
Nov 11 - Immortals - Greek story of Theseus vs The Titans... with Mickey Rourke
Nov 18 - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - I promised I wouldn't pass judgment on the series until I watched them, and I said I didn't want to watch them all until the last one was released... my time is short
Nov 23 - The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made - seriously, the title of the movie... and it's the first Muppets movie in quite awhile... I'M THERE 

Dec 16 - Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol - not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but no denying his work with this series
Dec 21 - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - the book? awesome... the direct to DVD foreign film? 5 stars... a Westernized version? Hollywood... don't fuck this up... please...
Dec 23 - A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas - nothing says Merry Christmas like a pair of extremely hilarious stoners...

There you go, those are the ones I'm destined to see... at the theaters or on Blu-ray, I will see them all...

Have one you wanna see? please comment... tell us what you think... which one you wanna see most? why? have one not listed? speak up... we all love movies...

No comments:

Post a Comment