Thursday, January 20, 2011

My top 5 upcoming movies for 2011

I made a post for the highlights of this year in movies, and it looks promising, but I forgot to add which ones I'm looking forward to the most... so I'm giving you my top 5...

If you didn't see that list, it's the one before this one...(no need for a link)

Here are the top 5 for me, and why I wanna see them... have a problem with the list, feel free to tell me so in a comment down below... and if you're just gonna hate, fuck you too... :)

THE JUMP>>>>>>

Here goes...

1) Cowboys and Aliens - Directed by Jon Favreau
Starring Olivia Wilde, Daniel Craig, and Harrison Ford
Look at those 4 names(including Favreau), you have an impressive body of work... look at the title, doesn't it scream "What the fuck is that about?" Cowboys vs Indians... then the aliens crash land and try to take over the world... then the cowboys and indians join forces to take down the invaders... if John Wayne was alive today, HE would BE in this movie...


2) Thor - Directed be Kenneth Branagh
Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins
First of all, Marvel Studios can't screw this up... they can't. It's THEIR version of the Norse God of Thunder. When I first saw Mjolnir in the extra scene after Iron Man 2, I knew it was going to be epic, but seeing Anthony Hopkins cast as Odin, it was the same feeling I got when I heard about Liam Neeson cast as Zeus for "Clash of the Titans"... that's awesome...


3) Cars 2 - Disney Pixar
Voice Cast including Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Michael Caine
The first movie is one of the many reasons why I say that Disney Pixar is MUCH better than Dreakworks Animation... and after last year's Toy Story 3, it only makes sense that Disney cash in on the Cars franchise as well... and cash in they will... have any of you been in a Wal-mart or toy store lately? The original movie's products are still on the shelves... now we have a very hopefully funny sequel


4) Green Lantern - Director Martin Campbell
Starring Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard
It's DC's jewelry wearing superhero... Ryan Reynolds is awesome, and this will fill my void until he finally gets to do the "Deadpool" movie... and if you wanna complain that DC doesn't make as good of movies as Marvel does... you should be saying that DC doesn't make as MANY movies... DC doesn't make good movies? tell that directly to Tim Burton's and Christopher Nolan's faces... good luck...


5) The Smurfs - Directed Raja Gosnell
Starring Hank Azaria, Neil Patrick Harris, George Lopez
It's The Smurfs, I don't have to have a reason why I wanna go see this movie... it's the fucking Smurfs... but I do have one HUGE worry about it though...... have you seen "Yogi Bear"? that's enough to make me sick... don't fuck this up Hollywood... you ruin Yogi AND Rocky & Bullwinkle... don't do it... please don't do it...


Honorable mentions:
-The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made
Why? just like The Smurfs, these are the fucking Muppets... don't make Jim Henson cry any tears in heaven you Hollywood assholes, I don't think we need the floodwaters in America...
Why not in top 5? I'm afraid they might take away from The Muppets with Amy Adams and Jason Segel in the cast... but if they don't, it'll be awesome to see the plush characters again... fuck Elmo and Sesame Street... this is Kermit, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, and the gang...... and so I don't offend everyone, I will give props to Sesame Street tenant CM... oops, I mean Cookie Monster... the stoner on "The Street"... but The Muppets have a stoner too... Animal
Extra Note: I just discovered that Jason Segel is writing the script for this movie... maybe, just maybe he'll do right by Jim Henson


-The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Why? awesome book series... both foreign films(one for each book 1 and 2 for those not playing the home game) were amazing movies...  though provoking and well played out... looking forward to watching "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" when we get it on DVD
Why not in top 5? see the reasons why I wanna see it... this is a "Westernized" version of the first movie/book... and we all know how well those kind of movies just work out...... Hollywood, don't fuck this one up either...


Which movies this year do YOU wanna see? maybe you all can sway my opinion one way or the other...


And if you say anything about trying to sway me toward adding "Deathly Hallows Part 2" or "Breaking Dawn" to this list, I will release the were-rabbits of doom after you... I have my own time frame from watch those two movies, and as of right now, it doesn't include my local 2nd home, AMC Showplace 12... but you are free to mention them...


and of course, come back here and read any reviews of these and any other movies I may find myself watching...

1 comment:

  1. I agree with pretty much all of those :) Except the cars 2... ONLY because I haven't seen the first one. You have pretty great taste in movies! :)

    ReplyDelete