Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Virgin Grammy Picks for 2011

I don't know why I'm doing a Grammy post, but I am...

And it's my first time, so be gentle...

And for those that don't know already, the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards are on CBS at 8pm ET on February 13...

If you want to know all of the nominees, Grammy Nominees Official Site

Jump with me... 
I'm not doing them all, just a certain few...

1) Best New Artist
            -Justin Bieber - I'd hate to say it, cause he's a little prick, but...

2) Best Comedy Album
            -Lewis Black - Stark Raving Black
        or -Robin Williams - Weapons of Self Destruction

3) Best Country Album
           -Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
                 hoping for -Zac Brown Band - You Get What You Give

4) Best Country Song
           -Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me
       or -Lady Antebellum - Nedd You Now

5) Best Country Vocal Collaboration
           -Zac Brown Band & Alan Jackson - As She's Walking Away
       or -Black Shelton & Trace Adkins - Hillbilly Bone

6) Best Country Performance - Duo or Group
           -Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

7) Best Country Performance - Male Vocals
           -Jamey Johnson - Macon

8) Best Country Performance - Female Vocals
           -Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me

9) Best Rap Album

           -Eminem - Recovery

10) Best Contemporary R&B Album
           -Chris Brown - Graffitti

11) Best R&B Album
           -John Legend & The Roots - Wake Up!

12) Best Alternative Music Album
           -Vampire Weekend - Contra

13) Best Rock Album
           -Neil Young - Le Noise

14) Best Pop Vocal Album
           -Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

15) Song of the Year overall
           -Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me

16) Album of the Year overall
           -Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

17) Record of the Year (The BIG ONE)
           -Jay Z & Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind

I know that's not even 25% of them, but I don't really care about most of them... I don't even care about all of these... and I'll be honest, I was guessing at some... but there they are anyway...

If you agree, or have someone else in mind for these, then please, tell me... comment down below...

And for those of you wondering, it really killed me deep inside to type Justin Bieber... but I don't think anyone else in that's category could come close to winning Best New Artist other than maybe Drake...... it sucks... but I typed his name twice... hopefully I won't have to again..........

There you go... now back to figuring out what worthwhile next I should post...

~The Master is Out

No comments:

Post a Comment