Friday, July 10, 2015

The New Review - Inside Out

I feel so... Emotional.

The New Review
"Inside Out"
Director: Pete Docter and Ronaldo Del Carmen
Starring Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Mindy Kaling, Phyllis Smith, Lewis Black



Background Check: This is Disney Pixar. They have a long standing tradition of making things humanistic... That maybe shouldn't be... But make incredible films from it. They made toys come to life... 3 times. Bugs now are societal like humans. Cars are people too... And Planes too... Why not give emotions... Emotions.

Concept: why not give emotions... Emotions. And they did just that for 11 year old Riley.

Execution:
Cast: Okay. Amy Poehler is Joy. Mindy Kaling is Disgust. Phyllis Smith is Sadness. Bill Hader is Fear. Lewis Black is Anger. I don't see any flaws here. Only thing better would've been if they got Leo DiCaprio to play someone named Oscar... Yep... Ha... Joke... Score: 10/10

Characters: the emotions themselves well done, the little girl they are inside and her family are wonderful, the little we saw of them. An imaginary friend... Dream production crew. The details. Perfect... Score: 10/10

Visual: color coded emotions, and vivid style to make you understand what is going on inside Riley. Beautifully done. Like all Pixar... Score: 10/10

Sound: I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna say it. It didn't have the world famous Pixar soundtrack... No Randy Newman at all... And it is BETTER for it. "You've Got A Friend In Me" would've been too weird... Score: 10/10

Story: what happens inside us? Those little voices. No need to explain any further because really, that's all YOU need... Score: 10/10

Flow: I don't think I've even seen an original Pixar movie have any hiccups. This one definitely didn't. It was straightforward without being straightforward... Score: 10/10

Substance: Humor, inside jokes(literally), perfect casting, and if you don't shed a tear, you have no heart... Score: 10/10

Closure: Emotions will never have a true end. Even when we die, it carries on to the next person in line. This movie makes it clear this was just one step in Riley's life. And we very well could see another chapter later... Hence the big new button... Score: 10/10

Legacy: why is it that Pixar never ceases to amaze me? They must have a department called "The Feels Creators". Because that is what they have done yet again... Score: 10/10

Extra Oomph: This movie has a message. Do you know someone that suffers from depression? This movie shows EXACTLY how I feel when sadness takes hold. It spreads to other memories... Changes them in ways that I remember the truth, but twisted darker because of sadness. It spreads, and nearly impossible to stop with just your other emotions alone. Do you know someone who suffers from Autism? I know plenty of people that do. One of my friends once told me that sometimes he can just feel emotions just disappear and leave for no reason. He can't grasp why, but just gone. And this movie deals with BOTH of these. In way for EVERYONE to understand. And for that... Score: 15/10

Total Score: 105/100.               A++ Extra Credit

Conclusion: Give it up for Pixar to bring us yet another amazing story, unique concept, and the only thing missing was Jiminy Cricket as Riley's conscience. Sad, funny, emotional, visually stunning representation of a personality... I has just seen my movie for 2015.(Star Wars? What's a Star Wars?)

It's all a matter of opinion: I cannot stress enough that THIS is MY opinion, you can either agree with me or not. I don't have to justify my opinion, because *clears throat* that's what this blog is about. Whether I like it or not doesn't mean you have to or not...... It's just my justification behind MY recommendation... Which leads me to my FINAL JUDGMENT...

Final Judgment: Go see this movie. If you have already, awesome... Go do it again. If you have yet, go see this movie. What was this about a movie about some Minions? Forget those Twinkie shaped little bastards and go see this movie. Young, old, in between. Go see this movie. Oh... And take some tissues. I should've.

So... I gave "Inside Out" a score of 105! A score better than perfect... And it deserves it. All... Me... Aside... Please go see this movie. You won't regret it. If you know someone who gets depressed or has Autism take them to see it with you. Or if you know someone who should understand either of those alittle better, then maybe I might consider buying the tickets for you. It is that much of a must see movie. You won't regret it.

This one is going on my top ten list. Gotta fix that damn thing anyway.

~The Master is Out

No comments:

Post a Comment