Sunday, March 22, 2015

The TRUE Neverending Story

So... hello there, my readers. It's been awhile. Sorry I don't post that often anymore. I have a lot of work to do to adjust my lists too. Eventually, I will get to it. First step is to get back into blogging. Life has actually been pretty good, even with the usual roadblocks of not have confidence in myself or just plain bad luck. I can honestly say my luck has changed for the better. Because of that, blogging has become harder and harder because this is where I would go to vent. I can vent on Facebook, but at the cost of a smaller post. Easier most of the time.
But this topic deserved a blog.


I wanted to give you all something to think about, and at the end, I have an honest question for all of you. You don't have to answer, and some of you I don't want to answer. But if you decide to, be it either on here, on Facebook, or personal message... please be genuine.
I now believe life is nothing more than a controlled storybook... where we ourselves are the authors.
There are some chapters that we are proud to reread, some we wish we could delete or rewrite, some where we wished someone could remove all the typos, some where one chapter was enough, some where you wish you could've gotten more than one chapter out of, some where you got more out the chapter than you expected, some where you shouldn't have let linger, even a chapter or two you could remove and not affect the overall story but they are there to make the story more fun...
My story. I have made alot of stupid mistakes. Each of those take up a chapter of their own. Most of those mistakes I would make again. They have shaped who I am, the good and the bad. And I am becoming more proud of of all of that, even though there are still some things I would change or build from... the fact for each of our stories... each time we finish a chapter, it gets published right away with no edit function. Typos and all, for the world to see, whether you let them see it or not...
The world always see it.
The inhabitants, not so much.
The chapter I'm in now has been a really good one. Plans are in place to make it even better... maybe even my best chapter yet, and the chapters ahead actually look promising, and I cannot believe I said that. It is surprising even me. My story has finally found a new main character that actually supports me in all my craziness (love you Cara Mia). The supporting characters are doing what they have done for quite some time, and that is keeping me believing in myself... and are integral in getting my to my next chapter. The readers... I still don't care what they think, it's my story. (Not YOU readers... I mean those not IN my story)... but...
I'm still writing my story my way. It IS my story.
The problem I have run into is this. I have been thinking my life over. Growing. Changing. And I'm looking at changing the way I write my story. For now it's still my own story, and finally have a chance for a potential co-writer(still a ways away for that)... or maybe a ghostwriter(NOT to be confused with Ghost Rider...woohoo random joke).
There are somethings about myself that I want to change, and not because other people want me too... because I WANT to. But I know to do it I either need to change my writing style or change part of the chapter I am in.
That is where I have my real problem(sorry... you read my stuff, you know how I work).
Pen in hand, you have the ability to change your story, it may give you the ability to grow... but currently isn't your style of writing. It isn't influenced by anyone else, it is the product of wanting to make the story better.
Do you change your writing style to accommodate that change?
My view on religion not withstanding, what if there really is some kind of afterlife. I don't want to look back on my story and see it hitting another bad patch. I've been through enough bad chapters, I'm looking to make the rest of them I have left the best possible... and yeah, co-writer/ghostwriter/Ghost Rider/Robin... woohoo...
Better question...
Is it possible to improve your story without changing your writing style?
I am loving this chapter. It is one of my best. I want my next chapter to be even better. And thus the overall story.
The only bad stories are the ones that end prematurely.
The others... well... are all perfect. Regardless of how many of your chapters are good or bad. No matter how many characters come and go. And even with the changes of your supporting cast, main, major, minor, even cameos. None of your chapters turn out perfect? That's fine... your overall story... will be.
This author is looking make his story evolve.
Does he do it with his penmanship?
Or does he do it with the content of the story?
Or both?
My story may not be one of the greatest stories ever told... but one thing is for sure...
When I'm done with my story, it's gonna be just like everyone else's...
A Lifetime Existence Best Seller...
~The Master is Out
One More Thing: Each of our stories shapes the next story in line. Most of those stories are already running. Before ours, running currently with ours, and even the ones after ours... they should all be recorded in a compendium.
Wait... it already is...
It's called History.

No comments:

Post a Comment