Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Taboo Topic

Okay... the topic I'm about to cover is going to be touchy, and personally, I don't care who likes it. I try my hardest not to talk about two topics... politics and religion.
Well this one isn't about politics...
Let's start with this.
I am an agnostic. What is an agnostic? Well, there are a few different versions. With out going into details on all of them, the basic idea is that being agnostic means you aren't sure about something associated with religion.


For me, it is simple. I'm not sure about any of it. I believe in the possibility of a deity or God... or maybe Gods. But I also believe there is a possibility there mi isn't one. I believe there are better odds that there isn't one, than one of them is more likely to be THE one. That is why that at this point in my life, religion isn't for me. Not saying that I wouldn't attend church with my loved ones if they had a good reason, or maybe some time in the future,  get married in one... but for now, the idea of religion is not for me.
Now, why would I break one of my blogging rules(again) at this point? Some customers I had this last Monday night. We were waiting for chat to activate their upgrade phone(which actually takes longer than the old system). They were a slightly older couple, roughly my grandmother's age(I think younger). We were talking about the computers being slow, and about technology in general. I mentioned I had a blog, where I could express my feelings about thing. She asked if it include politics, and I said no... that I do my best to not talk about politics or religion, because nothing good ever comes from it. They asked me what my views were.... I told them I was agnostic, and why. While they were respectful in their response, they still basically told me that I was wrong and invited me to church on a particular day to have my questions answered... I didn't have questions, I had views. I will share some of them with you all now... some of them are the ones I shared with them, some are not. If you are easily offended, that is not my purpose. My purpose here is to let it out, and let it go.
First. I have a deity theory. We live in a world where they are many many many Gods. The Christian God, Yahweh, Allah, Osiris, Zeus, Gaia, the Earth Spirits, the Sun God... need I go on? No? Good, you get the idea. Here is my deity theory... how many of you have read Greek Mythology? There is a God name Zeus. He is the King of the Gods, the main guy. He was a womanizer. He got so many different ladies knocked up with so many demi-gods, I would need a blog post just for the list... but there is something specific... each one of those ladies, Zeus appeared to them in a different form... a form they would understand and accept. What if there is just one God, and he(or she) appeared to each sect of people in a way they would understand and accept? God to the Christians, Allah to the Muslims, ancestors or Earth spirits for the Native Americans, etc etc etc. Not that impossible. I mentioned to this to that couple(well everything but the Zeus/Greek thing). It didn't take him long to tell me that if I come on to the church, they can tell me why they are different... basically saying I was wrong. Why am I wrong?...... I can't even tell you if I am right. BUT I'm not going to walk up to a perso of faith and tell them they are wrong... that is the point. Some Christians(not all of them, I've met some good ones too lol) will walk up to you and tell you essentially that they are right, you are wrong, but you can be right too, if you come and join them in believing the same thing they do. And not just Christians. It's called pushing your beliefs on others. You don't see me doing that do you? Nope... and I'm not going to. Most agnostics aren't going to either. I'm telling you this... I don't care what you believe. Believe whatever you want to. You aren't wrong. Who knows, you may be more right than me... but I'm not going to hold my views over your head... no one should do that. Period.
Next religious topic. The idea of homosexuality and gay marriage. My state of Indiana fought so hard to keep gay marriage out of the state... and the US Supreme Court told them their ban was not gonna fly. Why did Indiana fight so hard against it? Religion. Because gay marriage is wrong and it's an abomination. No it is not. It is two people who love each other wanting to make it official in the eyes of everyone else, including the government. Seriously... gay rights is this generations civil rights or women's rights. And it's always the same type of person fighting against it. White, backward, bible-thumping men who are afraid that they will lose the control the u just have. Yeah, I'm a white male... but I am just like everyone else... I'm not entitled to anything, including power over someone else. Get what I'm saying? Too much religion in power. Separation of church and state... they need to stay out of each other's business. Yes, I do say that churches shouldn't be forced to perform gay marriages, but at the same time, churches shouldn't prevent them from getting married at a church that would using other methods(justice of the peace). But what about the idea of homosexuality and religion. I have a theory about that... maybe a way for religion to accept it......: you believe that God is infallible and has all the answers. What if homosexuality is an answer to two of the biggest issues this world has? Overpopulation and kids that have no families. Not everyone is going gay, but if a fraction would be, it would slow down the procreation and population from expanding at a greater rate than before. Well, why be together if you can't have kids? Good point... what about love? And with that love, these gay and lesbian couple can adopt. Give homes to those kids who don't have one. Oh, but it's a bad thing, those gay couples would corrupt the kids and it's wrong? How? We already covered that homosexuality isn't wrong, and I guarantee you that those kids won't care if the adoptive parents were man/woman, man/man, man/woman... it would be a new loving home...... hmmmm what do you think? It would be logical, wouldn't it?
And don't tell me that if I don't believe, I'm not getting into Heaven. I can think of many many many people who shouldn't get in... and THEY believe. I try my best to the best person I can be to other persons around me. That should be good enough. If it isn't, guess what, I don't wanna go... if Robin Williams can't get in, I don't want in either...
I'm not going to tell you religion is wrong. If you have it, congrats to you. You have something to believe in, and I'm happy for you. Me, I choose to believe in humanity, even though humanity is starting to let me down...(maybe I should focus on the humanity around me, yes?). I'm never going to tell a religious person they are wrong, as long as they don't use it as a weapon. Don't push your faith on others. If they want to believe, they will... who knows, maybe some day I will sign for the Christian team. Not likely, but the beauty of being agnostic is this... I'm open to any possibility.
And I will still never tell anyone else their beliefs are wrong...
Unless, of course, you are a member of the Westboro Baptist Church cult or you are Pat Robertson... because fuck all of them... sideways...
Btw... according to faith, Robin Williams can't get into Heaven... he committed suicide... that is a Carnal Sin. Any place that doesn't want Robin, doesn't deserve me... lololololol
Probably wouldn't want me either.
Okay, this topic is now closed. If you were offended, I am sorry. Not my intention. But if you were, maybe you stop suppressing change, and stop pushing your beliefs on others. If you can't handle what all I've said, take a deep breath, think about all that I've covered, remember that I'm a good person. And if you still can't handle it, don't pick a fight... the door is open for both entering and leaving. I would miss ya, but seriously people... this topic has NEVER been worth it.
Never...
So, here is to hoping that this topic can be.closed for good...
Even though I know I won't...
Oh well...
To quote Big Kenny Alphin of my fave country duo Big & Rich...
"LOVE EVERYBODY"

Nuff said...
~The Master is Out

No comments:

Post a Comment