Friday, July 27, 2012

The New Review - The Dark Knight Rises

The New Review

The Dark Knight Rises
Directed by Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt


Jump with me



Background Check: Well, it's Batman... what else do you need to know? Oh yeah, going in, you should know/should've known that this was going to be the last of the Christopher Nolan Batman movies, and that he was going to go all out. Did he do it?

Concept: The last of the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy, at the end of The Dark Knight, Batman was branded a murderer for taking the fall for Harvey Dent's murder... it's been years, how has Gotham fared with Batman gone, and with a terrorist like Bane coming to the city, how will it be saved?

Execution
Cast:
With Bale, Caine, Freeman, Oldman all returning, plus a purrfect Anne Hathaway, a beautiful Marion Cotillard, a kick ass Tom Hardy, and an always evolving Joseph Gordon-Levitt... Damn Score: 10/10

Characters:
Returning cast/characters already established, Selena Kyle was introduced just as she should've, Detective John Blake was giving an important role in such a large universe, and Bane was more of a stone cold killer than I could've ever expected. Perfection, just like the first two movies Score: 10/10

Story:
Wow. Yeah, it was a 2hr 45min movie, but it was also the best storytelling of the entire Trilogy. Not only did it tell the story, but it also tied the entire Trilogy together, through small details and flashbacks that made those small details even bigger... Big enough that I am envious of all of those in my area that got to watch the $25 Trilogy showing on July 19, because the story told would've been even better...... Yeah, you know it Score: 13/10

Visual:
I was on the edge of my seat... Dark, but in your face... Wow Score: 10/10

Sound:
The wonderful musical score has been a big part of every Batman movie so far, even the Tim Burton ones... and this one does not disappoint Score: 10/10

Action:
Small scale focused fights, large scale army warfare, and even a focused one on one fight in the middle of the large scale battle... It was beautifully put together, I could barely believe what I was seeing. Score: 12/10

Humor:
The whole series didn't have alot, and it wasn't needed. This one more serious, more dark, more brooding, and there was no use for it... Minor being acceptable, and that's what we got. Score: 10/10

Flow:
The Trilogy has flowed so well overall, and this one kept it going. No break, no stopping... A train that was barreling down the track from Hollywood, and yes, it does come in black... Score: 10/10

Closure:
Yeah, it did that. It did that with one of the best endings for a superhero movie I have ever seen, complete with the unexpected... I won't spoil any of it, let's just say that you might be shocked, you might not believe your eyes(I even had a tear in mine), but you will be more than satisfied! Score: 10/10

Extra Oomph:
It didn't need it... really, it didn't. BUT it still had some, but only for diehard Batman comic fans(a certain scene is there) and so many other things... Score: 10/10

Final Score: 105/100          A++ Extra Fucking Credit
Conclusion:
This movie isn't just epic, it's iconic... and yes, I may be biased because I'm a hardcore Batman fan... but I'm not when it comes to movie, I have the rubber nipple and codpiece fuck-up "Batman and Robin" to thank for that...... but I'm not kidding when I saw "The Dark Knight Rises" is one of the best, if not the best movie I have ever seen... Period, no negotiation, no excuse, no bias, fan of Batman or not, this is a Masterpiece on it's own, and makes The Dark Knight Trilogy the best trilogy ever made. Even better than Star Wars & Lord of the Rings... If this doesn't get nominated for Best Picture, it's a huge mistake... and Tom Hardy... well, he delivered an Oscar worthy performance as well... he MADE this movie...
It's all a matter of opinion: I cannot stress enough that THIS is MY opinion, you can either agree with me or not... I don't have to justify my opinion, because *clear throat* that's what this blog is about. Whether I like it or not doesn't mean you have to or not...... it's just my justification for giving you all MY recommendation...... which leads me to my FINAL JUDGMENT

FINAL JUDGMENT: SEE IT!! I can't say it strongly enough!!! SEE THIS MOVIE!!! Better than the Superbowl, better than the World Series, better than the Stanley Cup, better than the Olympics, even better than Wrestlemania... The best must see movie this year... I can't praise it enough...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is folks, I just gave "The Dark Knight Rises" a 105... ONE HUNDRED FIVE... looks like I need to change my top ten list...

Yeah... I did it...

After it's over, come back and thank me...

Again and again

~The Master is Out

1 comment:

  1. Overall, this is not only a perfectly fitting ending to an incredible trilogy; it is also my favorite flick of the year, so far. Much like The Dark Knight, this will probably shoot to the top of critic’s lists, even though some of the reception for this have so far, been a little discouraging, but that’s expected when you have so much hype to live up to. Good review.

    ReplyDelete