Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Anatomy of a Song - Awesome Crossover/Hank 2.0 Edition

There have been plenty of crossover songs... and quite a few crossover artists... some have been absolutely amazing, for example Darius Rucker from Hootie & the Blowfish and some of the recent singles from Kid Rock and Uncle Cracker... there have been some completely horrible screw-up crossovers, for example the Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines debacle...

While I love Darius Rucker and his country career, I'm not the only one... and he won the 2009 CMA New Artist Award... he deserved it......... there is another crossover that I am really impressed with...

Follow me if you wanna find out more, I promise you will be impressed...


The guy is Aaron Lewis... if you don't listen to country music, then you might know his rock band...... Aaron Lewis is the lead singer and a founding member of the band Staind... yes, that Staind....... well, he decided to jump into country music...... but not this new age country... true outlaw country... and he hits me just like Hank Williams Jr. did when I was little...... so I'm excited to hear the rest of what he's got coming... he did release a 7 song EP today(3/1/11) and I want it... gonna get it......

Now you may ask why would a rocker like Aaron Lewis do country music? Answer, he wrote his first single, called "Country Boy". and if you've heard it, you know the answer, if you haven't heard it, I recommend you do soon, even if you don't know English...... then you'll know... and maybe I can help...





Hopefully this helps you out... great song, great video... and those wondering, that was the legendary George Jones singing with Aaron, that was the equally legendary Charlie Daniels with the spoken word at the end, and that was 2006 Nashville Star winner Chris Young...

I hope you all liked it... I know I did :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I never figured he'd go country but he makes a good job of it. You're always finding interesting things like this. :)

    ReplyDelete