Saturday, February 19, 2011

Against OCP?

What is OCP? No, it's not some new rapper...
OCP stands for Omni Consumer Products... Still don't know what it is...

Recognize this guy?...
"Are my lips chapped? Lewis, got some Chapstick SPF3000?"
That's right folks, it's RoboCop... I have some ideas for ya... follow me after the jump...




For those of you that don't know Robo... this Trilogy is based in the future Detroit, where the company Omni Consumer Products(OCP) has control over the Detroit PD, and centers around Officer Alex Murphy, who gets decimated in a gun fight with a group of cop killers, then gets upgraded when OCP turns Murphy into a walking titanium BADASS police officer cyborg with a semi-automatic pistol stored in his FUCKING leg... in which his human soul and memories return, and taking revenge on those responsible, and being considered defective and obsolete by OCP...... so much so that in RoboCop 2, they try to replace him with a bigger, more weaponized version that contains the brain and apparently the soul of Nuke Cult Leader, Kane... who just happens to still be overly addicted to NUKE, even while still a machine...... I love that movie...


I recently bought the RoboCop Trilogy on Blu-Ray, and I have to say it was a wonderful investment... the HD transition is awesome, at least for the first two, because I haven't sat down to watch RoboCop 3 yet on BD... my least fave of the series, but I will watch it... soon... and it reminded me why I loved RoboCop... he's badass... shooting the bad guys... and why I loved RoboCop 2... so much so, I need to re-add it to my movie list...... hell, RoboCop 2 was so awesome, even John Glover has a cameo in the very beginning of the movie doing a commercial... and before you ask me "Who is John Glover?", go watch an earlier episode of Smallville, and you'll find the answer...... I also think RoboCop 2 has an unofficial award...... simply, the most shots fired with the least number of casualties, I didn't count so this is a guess, I'd say maybe 3 dozen people got killed in Robo 2, but I'm pretty sure there were more bullets fired than the fucking German army owns... disagree? just watch the scene where RoboCop2 raids the mayor's meeting with Hob & Angie... about 12 deaths, a half million shots fired... still disagree? after RoboCop2 goes nuts at the OCP press conference, look at how many people got killed inside the building, and there were so many shots fired, I'm sure the American army was starting the get jealous... so instead, we end up with a fist fight between Robo & Robo2 that includes them falling off the roof...... with the Wile E. Coyote sound effects...... I LOVE THAT MOVIE......


Anyway... There have been rumors for a few years that MGM was thinking about rebooting the RoboCop series... yes folks, another reboot...... but then MGM fell on hard times, and at one point didn't even have an owner...... well, it seems the idea of a RoboCop reboot have resurfaced... and I think it's a great idea... lemme explain...


Two names in particular are synonymous with RoboCop... Peter Weller & Frank Miller... for those of you that don't know, Peter Weller is Alex Murphy/RoboCop, and is the reason I didn't like RoboCop 3 as much(because Weller didn't play it)... Frank Miller is associated with RoboCop because he helped write the story/screenplay for RoboCop 2 & 3, he's been writer/artist for the RoboCop comics many times, including the latest badass update... and he is primarily responsible for the "RoboCop vs Terminator" comic book series and Video Game...... it because of all of this that I remind all of you that since then, Frank Miller created the graphic novels for Sin City, co-directed the movie based on the graphic novel(and brought Mickey Rourke back to badassdom) and the movie for "The Spirit"... as well as the graphic novel "300"(and prequel "Xerxes") and "300" looked really good on Zack Snyder's resume to get him the "Superman" reboot job.......... so those of us that LOVE movies and graphic novels like this know that Frank Miller has gone from awesome to motherfucking genius since the RoboCop trilogy was first given to us... so I say that considering the giant leap Frank Miller has done, he needs to be a part of this RoboCop reboot... if he doesn't direct it, then WE all NEED him to write this reboot...... are you listening MGM? Frank "Fucking" Miller...... period...


What about actors? I'll start with RoboCop himself... as cool as Peter Weller is/was, I don't think he could do it anymore, and he's not really relevant now... so, I think Alex Murphy should be played by someone like Michael Chiklis or Christopher Meloni... Chiklis won an Emmy and Golden Globe for playing a cop on "The Shield", and wore prosthesis in both Fantastic Four movies when he played "The Thing"...... Christopher Meloni is famous for his starring role as a Detective in "Law & Order: SVU", he's more than qualified to play a stoic, robotic police officer...... who would you pick for the role of RoboCop?


Now, how about some of the supporting roles? Murphy/RoboCop has a partner named Anne Lewis, played in all three movies by Nancy Allen, who I personally think was quite beautiful, but had that air about her that if you pissed her off, she would kick your ass...... so the new Anne Lewis would have to have that about her... in honor of upcoming chicks-kicking-ass flick "Sucker Punch", I would pick Carla Gugino... or someone like her... what do you think?


What about The Old Man? Who? The owner/CEO of OCP, we never get told his name, and he is even referred to as "The Old Man" in the end credits... he was played by Daniel O'Herlihy, and the character was The Old Man wanting to practically destroy all of Detroit, starting with the Police Dept, so OCP can privatize the city like a corporate take over...... and even I wanted to punch him in the fucking face... I say Donald Sutherland...... who would you pick for "The Old Man"...... just don't reveal "The Old Man"'s name...


As for the rest of the cast, throw out some names...... but I say that Peter Weller should have a cameo, and so should Kurtwood Smith... made relevant by play Red Forman in "That 70s Show", he played Clarence Boddicker in the first RoboCop movie, the leader of the cop killers that decimated Alex Murphy...... hell, I'd even say that he could play either "The Old Man" or Dick Jones in the reboot......


So I say, MGM... I grew up with the RoboCop phenomenon, I am a big fan of what this movie series did...... and I really would love a remake with updated special effects......... so MGM, do it.... and please please please pleeeeeeease don't fuck it up... I beg you.........


Now only if we can get them to finally make "RoboCop versus The Terminator"...


Go Frank Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you're wondering where I've been, I'm now posting my wrestling related blogs on a site called Fast Track Wrestling News or FTW News... if you want wrestling related blogging, check out Mike, Russell, and myself HERE


Well, I hope to have another New Review soon, and a shout out to the country group Lady Antebellum... I've been supporting them ever since they started, and posted a handful of blogs about it/them on my old MySpace blog...... and at this year's Grammy Awards, Lady A won 5 Grammy Awards including the big one, Record of the Year, for "Need You Now" congrats Lady Antebellum!!!!!! At least something good came out of MySpace...............


I'll be back sooner, I promise......


Until then...


~The Master is Out

1 comment:

  1. huh. Another movie I want to watch thanks to you...

    ReplyDelete